We welcome and encourage our parents/guardings to get involved.
Each Californina Public school with 21 or more English learners must form an English Learner Advisory Committee (ELAC). The parents or guardians of English learners shall be provided the opportunity to vote in the election. At least 4 meetings will be held in a school year. Term is 1 year.
The ELAC shall be responible for the following tasks:
- Advising the principal and staff in the developmentof a site plan for English learners and submitting the plan to the School Site Council for consideration of inclusion in the School Plan for Student Achievement.
- Assisting in the development of the schoolwide needs assessment.
- Ways to make parents aware of the importance of regular school attendance.
- Each ELAC shall have the opportunity to elect at least one member to the District English Learner Advisory Committee (DELAC).
- Parents or guardings of English learners shall constitute at least the same percentage of the ELAC membership as their children represent the student body.
Please feel free to reach out us at 510-818-3000
Principal: Risha Krishna firstname.lastname@example.org
Office Manager: Debbi Platko email@example.com
Vice Principal: Jin Kim Jkim@newarkunified.org